Saturday, 13 February 2016

THOUGHTS | Goals



I know. I know. I'm like suuuuper late in the game.

I don't really know what happened.

It was November, and I blinked, and now its February.

Blimey.

That all being said, I wanted to talk a little about my goals for the next year. None of this new year new me stuff. Just a few things that I hope to achieve over the next 11 months. (Obviously it would have been 12 if I would have written this post when I was supposed to..my bad.)

1. Live With Joe.

Having been together for six years now, the time is finally right for us to start looking for a place. We've both decided that we wanna live within walking distance of town, so we'll be probably be looking for the smallest boxiest flat in an attic next to a main road, but I really could not be more excited to get a place that is just ours  

2. Learn To Make Sourdough.

This is a skill I've been saying I'll learn for at least a year now.. I think it's time I stopped talking and actually started practicing..

3. Quit Shopping Online/Buy More Locally.

Late night online shopping is my kryptonite and a habit I that really need to kick. As for shopping local, this is something I have been interested in since my Support Dairy post back in 2015, and I can't wait to explore more of Bath's independent scene in the coming months.

4. Improve My Photography.

I began this process last year, and whilst I am slowly beginning to understand how to control my camera, I still find that when faced with a scene that I actually want to capture, I immediately panic, fear that I won't get the settings right, and switch back to auto.

I long to have confidence in my skills and knowledge; to trust in myself; to capture the beauty in the everyday.

Thankfully, with resources like Skillshare and Xanthe Berkeley's Film Course, I might be able to make that a reality this year.

5. Practice My French.

I love the process of learning something new -its so important to keep our brains active- and I used to practice Duolingo most evenings before bed, but I fell out of the habit at the end of last year, and haven't yet picked it back up again.

Maybe writing this post will be the reminder I need to get back to it...

Did you make any resolutions this year? Or do you prefer to abstain from the whole new year new me thing?

1 comment:

  1. ***شرکت نوين گيت***

    با سالها سابقه در طراحي ،اجرا و خدمات سيستمهاي درب اتوماتيک و راهبند
    فروش،نصب و راه اندازي و خدمات انواع درب اتوماتيک (درب سکشنال - کرکره اتوماتيک - کرکره پنجره - درب ريلي اتوماتيک - جک پارکينگي - کرکره شفاف - رول گيتر - انواع راهبند و درب اتوماتيک شيشه اي... )
    خدمات 24 ساعته و شبانه روزي حتي در تعطيلات رسمي
    مشاوره رايگان در تمامي مراحل

    http://www.novingate.com/

    درب اتوماتيک شيشه اي

    http://www.novingate.ir/

    http://www.novinwebsite.ir/website-design

    طراحي سايت

    نوين گيت

    تاجران آريا دلفين

    http://www.fa.adt-co.ir/

    Aria Dolphin

    http://www.novingate.com/

    http://www.adt-co.ir/

    ReplyDelete