Tuesday 8 December 2015

PHOTO DIARY | Edinburgh pt 2

On my second day in the city we began the day with bacon butties before heading up another hill -this time Calton Hill- home to many of the cities most recognizable monuments.


From there we pottered into town, heading for the roof terrace of National Museum of Scotland. The museum is free to visit, and the views from the top are well worth checking out if you find yourself with a few minuets spare.




Having taken in two different views of the city in as many hours, we decided that it was high time to find some more cake.

Lovecrumbs had been recommended to me by everyone I know that has spent any time in Edinburgh, so, having said a quick hello to Greyfriars Bobby (apparently its lucky to touch his nose..), we headed off to Old Town, and another helping of cake and tea. I don't remember exactly what I ordered, but I do remember that it was delicious..



Full again with cake, we we're headed to one of the cities coolest vintage shops when we got distracted by one of the coolest second hand book shops I have ever seen.

And then again by an adorable Ice-cream bar. Because who can say no to delicious pumpkin spice ice-cream on a cold October afternoon.. (though I wish now that we had had a hot chocolate too..)


On my final day in the city I headed to the National Portrait Gallery whilst Flo did some uni work. I think I know which of us got the better deal there.. ;)



I especially enjoyed the display of BP Portrait Award entries, and 'Drawn to the Land', a series of photographs depicting some of Scotland's lady farmers.. you can take the girl out of the farm, but not the farm out of the girl apparently.. ;)

Flo and I met again for lunch at the Ting Thai Caravan (sorry, no photo's, I was too busy eating..), before walking off all the noodles with a march up Arthur's Seat.




The perfect end to a really great three days.


Thanks for having me Flo!

Much Love,
Jess
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment